Our key nursing staff have advanced their professional knowledge by obtaining certificates in
- Acquired brain injury management
- Huntington’s disease management
- Palliative and end of life care for non malignant disease
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy management ( PEG)
- Infection control
- Tissue viability
Our care staff are supported to undertake a variety of training courses specifically focussed to meet the needs of our client group eg..
- Huntington’s disease awareness
- Brain injury awareness
- The management of choking risk
- Non-abusive psychological and physical interventions ( NAPPI)
- Mental health awareness
- PEG awareness and tube feeding.
- Care of the dying and bereaved.
Our whole team are highly trained and motivated to provide a specialist level of support to our complex client group.
Our full time staff are supported by experienced professionals commissioned by Stanley house care to provide us with the best knowledge and expertise available. These professionals range from consultants, GP’s, physiotherapists ,occupational therapists ,speech and language therapists, massage, art and a full time activity coordinator – see our team.
We have welcomed independent audit by many external agencies, in 2012 have awarded us re-accreditation as Beacon status with the Gold standard framework for end of life care and Headway approved provider status. In 2013 CQC inspected us and found us fully compliant in all key standards.